timeAgo

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wrastler
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve got your SlideUp widget in the site I’m building and it’s working fine except I want to display the date in the timeAgo() format.
    I’ve looked through your code and found you have added this function but when I try to call it, it won’t display the tweets.

I’ve tried a few things like, creating my own style that calls the timeAgo() but that’s not working. I then tried switching it to be style 2 but that didn’t display the tweets again.

This is where I understand it should be being called:

if (tweetscrollOptions.date_format == 'style1') {
                            tweetMonth = monthIndex + 1;
                            if (tweetMonth < 10) {
                                tweetMonth = '0' + tweetMonth;
                            }
                            $tweetList.find('.tweet_link_' + i).append('<small> ' + item.created_at.substr(8, 2) + '/' + tweetMonth + '/' + item.created_at.substr(26, 4) + ' ' + item.created_at.substr(11, 8) + ' </small>');
                        } else if (tweetscrollOptions.date_format == 'style2') {
                            tweetMonth = allMonths[monthIndex];
                            $tweetList.find('.tweet_link_' + i).append('<small> ' + tweetMonth + ' ' + item.created_at.substr(8, 2) + ', ' + item.created_at.substr(26, 4) + ' ' + item.created_at.substr(11, 8) + '</small>');

} else {
                          relativeTime = timeAgo(item.created_at);
                          $tweetList.find('.tweet_link_' + i).append('<small> ' + relativeTime + '</small>');
                        }

Is there something I’m missing?
    Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ben

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi wrastler,

The “timeAgo” function doesn’t exist in original version of the plugin. You downloaded plugin from WordPress repository?

Vladimir

wrastler
    Participant

HI Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn’t download anything from WordPress as I’m not using WordPress to build the site.

Robert Kavgić
    Participant

The Tweetscroll widget is developed to be used with WordPress. It can’t be used as standalone widget on your html template.

Robert

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.